Senior Celebration 2021
PLACE: Maplewood Career Center
DATE: June 5, 2021
TIME: Begins at 11:00 a.m. with students being scheduled in alphabetical groups every hour. (11:00 a.m, 12.00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.)
REASON: SENIOR CELEBRATION
During the spring of 2021, Kent State University is not granting access to the MAC Center for graduations. As a result, this year’s Senior Celebration will be conducted at Maplewood Career Center.
At the conclusion of the 2020 school year, Maplewood Career Center held a drive through Senior Celebration. The celebration was less formal than our Senior Awards Ceremony; however, the celebration was upbeat and well received by those in attendance.
The Senior Class or 2021 will have a similar celebration at the date and time delineated above. As was the case last year, the Maplewood staff will be in attendance to celebrate the success of the MCC seniors!
- The Senior Celebration will be conducted in alphabetical order.
- Maplewood will schedule students/families by the hour.
- The schedule will be produced a week after the sign-up deadline.
- The participating student and immediate family members are to arrive in one vehicle. This vehicle will be alone or the lead vehicle in a two-vehicle party.
- A second vehicle will be permitted to carry additional spectators participating on behalf of the student in the first vehicle.
- If a second vehicle is participating, the second vehicle must be immediately behind the vehicle carrying the participating student.
- In such cases, the participating student’s vehicle will be given a dashboard sign with their name on it labeled car #1 and the second vehicle will be given a dashboard sign with their name on it labeled car #2.
- VEHICLES WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE PREMISES VIA THE BUS DRIVE.
- VEHICLES WILL DEPART OF FROM THE PRESMIES VIA THE MAIN DRIVE.
- Vehicles will line up to proceed around the building as directed by staff and/or security personnel.
- As you are proceeding through the line, a staff member will stop your vehicle to obtain the name of the student in the vehicle. This is necessary because Maplewood staff will not know who is in each vehicle.
- The name of the student in the vehicle and vehicles description will be passed on to the personnel dispensing credentials.
- When your vehicle reaches the building entrance closest to the flag pole and large Maplewood sign, you will stop the vehicle in front of the table holding the credentials.
- The senior’s name will be called via a PA system.
- The senior will exit the vehicle when their name is called.
- The senior’s credentials will be placed on a pedestal.
- The senior will pick up the credentials WITHOUT TOUCHING the apparatus holding the credentials.
- The senior will check to ensure that they have the right credentials immediately.
- The student will proceed to a designated area, in front of the large Maplewood Career Center sign, to have their picture taken by a staff member. The student will be allowed to remove their mask while getting their picture taken. (Parents/family members will also be able to take pictures of the student from their vehicle at this time. One individual from car #1 may step out of the vehicle to take a picture. The person taking the picture must be wearing a mask.)
- The pictures will be made available at a later date.
- The student will return to their vehicle and the vehicle will depart from the main entrance driveway.
- Parking on-site will be prohibited during the ceremony. Vehicles will proceed through the line from entrance to exit.
VEHICLE DECORATION, APPROPRIATE ATTIRE, STAFF PARTICIPATION:
- Students and parents are encourage to decorate their vehicles. Please ensure that decorations are school appropriate.
- Student attire may include traditional graduation attire or casual clothing as long as the attire is in accordance with the Maplewood dress code.
- The staff will be in attendance so that they can see students receive their credentials. We anticipate that a large number of staff members will participate in support of the senior students!
COVID – 19 SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- Staff members handling credentials immediately before and during the ceremony will be wearing face masks and gloves.
- The “pedestal” on which credentials are placed will be cleaned and supervised throughout the ceremony. If someone touches the “pedestal,” a staff member will disinfect it immediately.
- Our goal is to hold a safe and memorable Senior Celebration. As a result, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Hugs and handshakes will not be a part of the ceremony.
- Social distancing standards will be utilized throughout the celebration.
- Students and parents are to follow directions provided by staff members.
- The speed limit on Maplewood Career Center property is 10 MPH. We will have staff and peace officers directing traffic where necessary and enforcing the speed limit. Our goal is to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Officers from the Ravenna Police Department will be present during the celebration.
PARTICIPATION IN THE SENIOR CELEBRATION:
- Participating students and family members must wear a mask while on school grounds.
- Students who want to participate in the ceremony must RSVP by April 23, 2021, to their lab teacher. If you don’t RSVP, your credentials will not be available on June 5, 2021.
- Students who do NOT want to participate in the celebration can pick up their credentials at the main office starting June 14, 2021.
- Participating students must complete a new student Intent Form and indicate one or two vehicles. See your PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR TO OBTAIN AN INTENT FORM.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SENIOR CELEBRATION SCHEDULE
The Senior Celebration will be conducted in alphabetical order, by the hour, according to the schedule.
In the News
Option 4 student Holly Jewel is receiving the Independence Award. Holly continues to learn new duties as a personal shopper at Giant Eagle. Congratulations Holl...
The Option 4 is a school-to-work program designed to provide entry level job opportunities to students who require on-the-job support, such as one-on-one traini...