Professional Clubs for Students
Each student at Maplewood will become a member of the class chapter of an appropriate youth organization. They include:
- SkillsUSA - Technical, Skilled and Service Occupations
- FFA - Future Farmers of America
- BPA - Business Professionals of America
- FCCLA - Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America
- DECA - Association of Marketing students
- Eligible students may also become members of the National Honor Society and the Ambassador Club.
The purpose of participating in these organizations is to learn leadership, citizenship, and scholarship while increasing self-esteem and confidence.
Award of Merit
The Maplewood Award of Merit is an annual award given to eligible Maplewood students who have performed volunteer activities leading to the award. The purpose of the award is to foster character, citizenship, and a spirit of volunteerism by encouraging student involvement in volunteer activities in the areas of school service, community service, and church or private organization service. Full-time Maplewood students are eligible to participate and earn recognition as an Award of Merit recipient by meeting the required number of hours as determined and validated by the Maplewood Award of Merit Committee.
In the News
The Welding program at Maplewood Career Center prepares students to earn three certifications offered by the American Welding Society. AWS certifications are ac...
Juniors and Seniors are busy wrapping up final projects including a stone veneered water feature as part of a simulated patio/outdoor entertainment center. M...