The programs conducted by the Department of Workforce Development are offered to all students without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Occupational Education Programs
The following are requirements for prospective students seeking to enroll in Occupational Educational Programs. All of the following requirements for admissions must be met to enroll in the Dental Assisting, Industrial Maintenance, Medical Coding & Billing, Modulated Industrial Maintenance, Modulated Welding, Precision Machining, ServSafe, and Welding Technician programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time he/she starts the program.
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or possess the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma. Documentation must be provided in the form of a valid high school diploma, GED, or transcript.
- Complete the WorkKeys assessment testing with a minimum of Level 3 score.
- ServSafe candidates are not required to take this assessment due to the length of the program.
- Copy of photo ID or driver’s license.
- Complete the registration form.
- Complete all admissions paperwork required for the program.
- Sign an enrollment agreement.
Short Term Life Enrichment Courses
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- If in high school, written approval from his/her school principal must be obtained to enroll.
- Compete the registration form.
- Complete all registration paperwork required for the program.
- Sign an enrollment agreement for Short-Term Life Enrichment Courses.
- Submit payment for the program.
- 48-Hour Welding candidates must take a welding test prior to finalizing enrollment.
In the News
Maplewood Career Center, 7075 St. Rt. 88, Ravenna, Ohio 44266 is applying for reaffirmation of accreditation with the Commission of the Council on Occupational ...
CNC Machining is an innovative, in-demand program designed to prepare the student for an entry-level position as a machinist. The course will cover workplace an...